Daily Local News (Spring Revolution) – Nov 24 (Morning)

Daily Local News (Spring Revolution) – Nov 24 (Morning)

 

1. Acting President Duwa Lashi La expressed his deepest condolences to the families of the victims and the people of Indonesia due to the earthquake in West Java, Indonesia

Acting President Duwa Lashi La expressed his deepest condolences to the families of the victims and the people of Indonesia due to the earthquake in West Java, Indonesia. Acting President Duwa Lashi La wrote on Twitter in the last week of November. 

“We are deeply saddened knowing about the earthquake in West Java, Indonesia. On behalf of the people of Myanmar, NUG would like to express the deepest condolences to President Joko Widodo, the families of the victims, as well as the people of Indonesia,” the Acting President said. It is reported that a 5.6-magnitude earthquake hit Indonesia’s West Java Province on November 21 and killed 162 people.

 

2. The National Unity Government sent messages for the Shan New Year festival and the Karen New Year Day

It is reported that the National Unity Government sent messages for the Shan New Year festival and Karen New Year Day. The message described, “On the day of the Shan New Year Festival in the year 2117, we wish all the people of Shan to be blessed with happiness”. Similarly, “on the 2762nd Karen New Year’s Day, we wish all the people of Karen should be blessed with happiness.

New Years’ time is a time to reflect and review the experiences of the previous year and give birth to new strength to achieve better things in the new year. Welcoming the new year, it is also the time to celebrate festivals with literature, music, art, and foods that have been handed down with pride from the history of the Shan and Karen people. The message of the National Unity Government stated that let’s move together towards the great federal democratic union with full equality and self-determination.

 

3. The National Unity Government has regular relationship with ASEAN countries

Daw Zin Mar Aung, Union Minister of Foreign Affairs, said that the NUG government has regular contact with ASEAN countries. The foreign minister said during an interview with a news agency in November. “Since the summit, ASEAN has not offered to engage with the NUG. We have regular contact with them. We also have regular contact with the Malaysian Foreign Minister,” the Minister said. Moreover, it has been reported that the NUG government has already told the ASEAN foreign ministers about the state of cooperation in providing humanitarian aid.

 

4. UN OCHA Myanmar released a statement that humanitarian aid operations across Myanmar still continue to be obstructed

UN OCHA Myanmar released a statement that humanitarian aid operations across Myanmar still continue to be obstructed. It is reported according to the report of UN OCHA Myanmar on November 23. Armed conflicts, access restrictions with tight security, and threats to aid workers have continued to obstruct humanitarian aid operations across Myanmar. As fighting continues in Rakhine State, access to restricted townships has been added to the six townships that have been restricted since mid-September, as well as two additional townships,” the report described.

 It is said that there is no longer allowed access to Pauktaw township in Rakhine State to provide humanitarian aid, and access to Kyauktaw township is now only allowed in the city. Similarly, UN OCHA Myanmar reported that investigation and arrests are being made in several townships including Buthidaung, Kyaukpyu, Kyauktaw, Minbya, and Toungok township across Rakhine State. Some local residents said that the terrorist military council troops are using excessive force to attack Rakhine State, and targeting civilians.

 

5.  The proceeds from the “Car Raffle Ticket” sales organized by NYCBC, will be donated back to PDFs and the needed areas for the revolution.

It is reported that the proceeds from the “Car Raffle Ticket” sales organized by NYCBC, will be donated back to PDFs and the needed areas for the revolution. Ko Nay Tin Myint from NYCBC said regarding the car lottery in November.

“This car case is mainly organized by the NYCBC. Our PDF comrades are risking their lives and fighting in the country. For those reasons, we have to do this fundraising and then send support back to our country. Our objective (1) is direct action, (2) is diplomatic campaign, and (3) is fundraising. The NYCBC arranges and handles the car ticket matter. Since fundraising plays a major role, we are working with the aim of supporting PDFs in the needed places in Myanmar,” they said. The New York City Burmese Community (NYCBC) reported that eight additional prizes have been added to the lucky draw prize along with the 2023 BMW X2 car.

 

6. Justice For Myanmar cautiously welcomes ANZ Bank’s departure from Myanmar

It is reported that Justice for Myanmar cautiously welcomes ANZ Bank’s departure from Myanmar. Justice for Myanmar informed that on November 23. ANZ Bank will be the first international bank to leave Myanmar, and this decision comes after FATF blacklisted Myanmar. Justice For Myanmar revealed the money transfers between Myanmar Economic Cooperation (MEC) and ANZ Bank, which were found in the information released by Distributed Denial of Secrets earlier this month. MEC and Innwa Bank are sanctioned by the US, UK, EU and Canada. Justice For Myanmar reported that ANZ Bank also brokered payments from their users to the regime.

 

 

Credit to #RadioNUG

#WhatsHappeningInMyanmar

ရေဒီယို အန်ယူဂျီ
https://www.youtube.com/c/RadioNUGMyanmar
လှူဒါန်းနိုင်ပါသည်
Donate RadioNUG