November 29, 2025 (m.CDM Local News — Domestic)

  1. At Least 6 Civilians Killed, Over 10 Injured in Junta Airstrikes on Kyauktaw Town
    m.CDM, November 28
    Local news sources say that the military bombed two locations in Kyauktaw Township, which is under the control of the Arakan Army (AA), on the morning of November 28, killing at least six civilians and injuring more than ten others.
    According to reports, the junta’s air force dropped one bomb on Kyaung Pho Village at 10:45 a.m., and another bomb near Kan Sauk Taung at 10:53 a.m.
    Because of these airstrikes by the junta, six innocent civilians were killed and more than ten injured, Arakkha Minthami Media, a Rakhine-based outlet, also reported as breaking news this afternoon.
    Preliminary information says five women and one man from Kyaung Pho Village were killed, more than ten people were injured, and four houses were destroyed.
    On October 31, the coup regime re-declared a state of emergency in 63 townships across nine states and regions where it does not have effective control. These include the AA-controlled townships of Maungdaw, Buthidaung, Rathedaung, Ponngyun, Kyauktaw, Mrauk-U, Pauktaw, Minbya, Myebon, Ann, Ramree, Thandwe, Taungup, Gwa, and Paletwa.
  2. Chin Resistance Retakes Junta Checkpoint at Tiddim Entrance and Seizes Weapons
    m.CDM, November 28
    The Chin Nyi Naung armed group has retaken a junta checkpoint at the entrance to Tiddim town in Chin State and captured some prisoners of war and weapons, according to a statement released this morning (November 28) by PDF Zoland, which is part of Chin Nyi Naung.
    The clash began on the morning of November 27 near the “Welcome” signboard at the entrance to Tiddim, where troops from the junta’s Light Infantry Battalion 269 had been stationed together with Chin Nyi Naung forces.
    The statement says Chin Nyi Naung fighters were able to drive the junta soldiers out of their position, seize some arms and ammunition, and capture several prisoners of war.
    Along with the statement, PDF Zoland also released photos showing the seized weapons and ammunition, as well as pictures of two captured junta soldiers.
    It added that Chin Nyi Naung fighters took control of the position without suffering any casualties themselves.
    The group says the junta has been trying to control the entry and exit routes of Tiddim, but Chin Nyi Naung has now managed to retake those areas.
  3. Resistance Forces Capture Junta and Pyu Saw Htee Camp in Mu Taing, Taze Township
    m.CDM, November 28
    People’s Liberation Army (PLA) says resistance forces have overrun and seized the junta and Pyu Saw Htee camp in Mu Taing Village, north of Taze Township in Sagaing Region.
    According to PLA, the assault took place on November 28 from about 4:30 a.m. until after 8 a.m., lasting roughly four hours. Around 100 junta soldiers and Pyu Saw Htee militia members had been stationed at this camp in Mu Taing, a Pyu militia village, which was completely overrun and captured.
    During the battle, around 9 a.m., the junta supported its ground troops with one A5 jet fighter making two bombing runs, and a Y-12 aircraft making 12 bombing runs (dropping around 80 bombs in total). Artillery support was also provided by Kanni-based 6006th Light Infantry Battalion, which fired heavy shells from Htone Wet Hsar.
    PLA says that during the operation they recovered several bodies of junta soldiers, five firearms, ammunition and some military equipment and supplies.
    The operation was jointly carried out by People’s Liberation Army (PLA), Taze Township People’s Defense Force (Pakapha), Paw Oo Column, Shwebo District 25th Battalion, Dhuwan Ye-U Township group, Wunthar Parla Ye-U Township group, and Drone Force Taze.
  4. Police Station in Dama Nge, Nattalin Township Overrun and Burned by Resistance Forces
    m.CDM, November 28
    According to the No. (2) Military Region, resistance forces stormed and overran the Dama Nge police station in Nattalin Township, Bago Region, and then set it on fire.
    On the night of November 27, forces from No. (2) Military Region, Bago Region Military Command, Strategy (22), and troops from 3801st Battalion – sub-units (2), (4), (6), and (7) – launched a coordinated assault on the station.
    During the attack, junta troops, police and Pyu Saw Htee militia members fled in disarray, allowing resistance forces to fully capture the camp and then burn it down, the statement says.
  5. KNU Releases 230 DKBA Fighters Captured at Min Letpan Scam Compound
    m.CDM, November 28
    Local news reports say the Karen National Union (KNU) has released 230 members of the Democratic Karen Benevolent Army (DKBA) who were captured on November 21 inside an online scam compound (“tiger camp”) near Min Letpan Village, south of Myawaddy.
    Those released are said to have already arrived at DKBA’s central headquarters at Son Si Myaing, although it is not yet clear whether all of their weapons have been returned in full.
    DKBA is an ethnic Karen armed group that signed the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (NCA) in 2015. It has held talks with the military council in Nay Pyi Taw and has expressed support for the junta’s planned elections.
  6. 32 Junta Personnel Defect or Are Captured in Third Week of November
    m.CDM, November 28
    According to records compiled by People’s Goal Media, between November 15 and 21, 2025 (the third week of November), a total of 32 junta personnel—soldiers, police and members of the pro-junta “People’s Militia”—either defected and joined the resistance or were captured by resistance forces.
    Among the 20 who defected to the resistance:
  • 7 were from Kayin (Karen) State,
  • 7 from Bago Region,
  • 3 from Sagaing Region, and
  • 3 from other states and regions.
    The group includes 15 newly conscripted soldiers who had been forcibly recruited under the Military Service Law.
    Of the 12 taken prisoner as POWs:
  • 7 were soldiers from Magway Region,
  • 5 were “People’s Militia” members from Mandalay Region.
    People’s Goal Media says that from January up to the third week of November 2025, they have documented a total of 2,418 cases of defections, surrenders, and POWs from junta forces.
  1. European Parliament Rejects Junta’s Elections and Recognizes CRPH & NUG as Representatives of the People
    m.CDM, November 28
    The European Parliament has declared it will not recognize the elections planned by the military and has instead recognized the CRPH and NUG as the legitimate representatives of the people of Myanmar.
    On November 27, the European Parliament adopted what it described as a very strong and effective resolution regarding the crisis in Myanmar.
    The Parliament clearly and unequivocally rejected the sham elections being organized by the military.
    The resolution makes it clear that the elections the junta plans to hold at the end of this year and early next year are completely unacceptable and will not be recognized under any circumstances.
    The European Parliament states that these one-sided, illegal elections, which the military is planning unilaterally, lack basic democratic standards, fundamental freedoms and any genuine political dialogue. For this reason, it considers all actions by the military regime to be illegitimate.
    It strongly condemns the coup and the ongoing violence and human rights violations committed by the military, and calls for full respect of the results of the 2020 elections and for power to be immediately returned to a civilian government.
    At the same time, the Parliament calls for the immediate release of all politically detained elected representatives and leaders, including President U Win Myint and State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
    The European Parliament further announced that it recognizes the National Unity Government (NUG) and the Committee Representing Pyidaungsu Hluttaw (CRPH) as the legitimate representatives of the people of Myanmar.
  2. Justice For Myanmar Urges Swedish Pension Funds to Divest from Companies Backing the Junta
    m.CDM, November 28
    Justice For Myanmar has called on Sweden’s national pension funds to avoid investing in companies that support Myanmar’s military regime. It urges them to pressure these companies to cut ties with the junta and, if they refuse, to divest in order to avoid complicity in serious human rights violations.
    According to research by the Swedish Burma Committee, Justice For Myanmar and Fair Finance Guide, Sweden’s national pension funds—AP1, AP2, AP3, AP4 and AP7—have invested more than 484 million US dollars in 12 companies linked to the Myanmar military.
    The statement notes that for nearly five years the Myanmar military has been escalating its grave crimes: brutal atrocities, aerial attacks on civilians, mass displacement, systematic repression and a deepening humanitarian catastrophe. Despite this, Swedish public pension money continues to flow into companies that sell weapons to the junta, provide surveillance technology, or help channel financing to the regime.
    Companies identified include Indian arms suppliers (Bharat Electronics and Hindustan Aeronautics), Japanese telecommunications firms (KDDI and Sumitomo) that provide surveillance and tracking tools used against activists and journalists, and Thai energy giants (PTT and PTTEP) as well as India’s GAIL, which sustain the junta’s main financial lifelines.
    Because these companies are helping enable the junta’s ongoing international crimes with impunity, Justice For Myanmar urges Swedish pension funds to use their leverage to push them to cut all ties with the regime—and, if they fail to comply, to withdraw their investments.
  3. Over 250 University Students in Southern & Eastern Shan Forced to Cast Advance Votes
    m.CDM, November 28
    The Shan Human Rights Foundation (SHRF) reports that local administrative bodies in southern Shan State’s Pinlaung, Namhsan and Kunhing townships, and in Mong Hsat Township in eastern Shan State, have forced more than 250 university students to cast advance ballots.
    Most of those pressured are first-year students who are about to enroll this academic year. To register for university, they need recommendation letters from their ward/village authorities, local police stations and hostel landlords. Officials reportedly told them these documents would only be issued after they had cast advance votes.
    According to SHRF, the numbers are as follows:
  • In Kunhing Township, 36 students were made to vote on November 17–18;
  • In Namhsan Township, 79 students between November 17–20;
  • In Pinlaung Township, 94 students on November 17;
  • In Mong Hsat Township, 47 students on November 18–19.
    It says ward and village administrators, along with ten-household and hundred-household heads, went house to house collecting names and pressuring students, warning that without proof of advance voting they would not issue the necessary recommendation letters.
    One student from Namhsan who is going to attend Mandalay University said, “When I went to get the ward recommendation letter for enrollment, they told me they would only issue it after I voted. I wasn’t interested at all, but I ended up voting.”
    A female student from Mong Hsat also said, “I had absolutely no desire to vote. But I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to go to university if I didn’t get the recommendation letters, so I did it.”
    SHRF says this coercion provides clear evidence that the junta’s planned elections lack freedom, fairness and any semblance of democratic standards.
  1. 50,000 Mon Workers and 250,000 Myanmar Workers Affected by Flooding in Southern Thailand’s Hat Yai
    m.CDM, November 28
    The Mon State Federal Council (MSFC) says that heavy rains since the third week of November have caused severe flooding in Hat Yai District in southern Thailand, affecting more than two million people, including an estimated 40,000–50,000 Mon migrant workers and around 250,000 Myanmar migrant workers.
    It says the affected workers are in urgent need of food, drinking water, medicine and basic personal items.
    MSFC’s humanitarian affairs department is working with Mon rescue and relief groups inside Thailand to provide emergency assistance, but needs are extremely high. The organization is calling on Mon communities at home and abroad, as well as other supporters, to donate and help.
    Those who wish to assist flood-affected Myanmar workers can contact the Mon State Federal Council, the statement said.

Today’s news was sent in by Ko Thit Lulay and Kharl Shell.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.