Category: Community

Articles on Burmese community with the following sub sections – Letters, Memory, Portrait, Talks, Experience, Travelogue, Others, Burmese Overseas

Sequel; Aye-Yeik-Thar Friend – U Win Tin (Junior Win)

(The cover of ‘A Memory of My Grandparents’; My grandparents; U Khin Maung Latt, and Khin Myo Chit (writer)) My grandparents had made friendship with several friends including writers, poets, cartoonists, journalists, politicians, etc. They sometimes recalled their memories what…

A Life-Long Partner (Junior Win)

(1985, My loving grandparents – U Khin Maung Latt, and (Daw) Khin Myo Chit (writer)) ‘Colourful Burma’ (1976) was my grandma’s famous book in the history of all time. The book was reprinted again and again until now. She wrote…

Time Does Not Fly (Junior Win)

Days passed so slowly. Passing days are the longest days for me. Longest second, longest minute, longest hour, longest day, and longest night I could never suffered more. Suffering is a very long moment. For me, time itself does not…

Thingyan Pot for Burmese New Year (Junior Win)

(Thingyan Pot Illustration by Maung Yit.) To welcome the Burmese New Year, having ‘Thingyan Pot’ plays the important part in our Burmese life. Placing ‘Thingyan Pot’ in front of our house, and to welcome Tha-Gyar-Min (King of the celestials),…

May Nyane opens Burmese Language School

May Nyane opens Burmese Language School (MoeMaKa, April 18th 2017)   May Nyane , one of Burmese writer and contributor to MoeMaKa News Group from Maryland starts her own Burmese languare school online. On her leaflet, she stated as follows;…