Category: Community

Articles on Burmese community with the following sub sections – Letters, Memory, Portrait, Talks, Experience, Travelogue, Others, Burmese Overseas

A Memory of My Grandparents (2) by Junior Win

(U) Khin Maung Latt (1915-1996) and (Daw) Khin Myo Chit (1915-1999) Their Love of Teaching (At Pyaeyeiktha House, 1958) They both enjoyed reading books, and loved to share their knowledge to everyone. My grandfather opened his tution-classes at Aung Chan…

A Memory of My Grandparents…. (U) Khin Maung Latt and (Daw) Khin Myo Chit

Their Brief Stories  (My grandpa with a Traditional Burmese clothes in 1958-59.) (U) Khin Maung Latt (1915 – 1996), my grandfather, was an English teacher, already looked like a teacher. On his face there was something, which reminds one of…

Hledan Days (Junior Win)

Hledan Days (Junior Win) The Dream Village That was once  ‘Aung Chan Thar’ As the bus conductor calls out ‘Hledan bus stop’, one has only to get down and ask to be guided to Aung Chan Thar street, and you…

Khahtaine Donation by Junior Win

Offering of special robes and other gifts made to the Order of monks during this season – November – Tahsaungmone – keeps alive the true spirit of offering, as taught of the Buddha. Members of the same profession or trade…

I Remember by Junior Win

Satya Narayan Goenka ( February 7, 1924 – September 29, 2013) Having heard the news of his death, I remembered him as one of the meditation masters who held the meditation center called ‘Dhamma Zawti Yeiktha Vipassana Meditation Center at…

The End of My Journey by Junior Win

The dry land which was cool under the shades was nice and pleasant.     The Sun Lun Gu Kyang (Myingyan) monastery was very large estate, and there were trees, petit pond, wild flowers, and sandy soil. The dry…

A Journey To Myingyan (Upper Burma) Part 4

A pagoda called ‘Kivi Law Ka’ built on the ‘Sacred Earthen Cave.’ Three-wheel carrier was waiting outside. When we got on the carrier, we had 12 persons companied, and we introduced each other with nice and wonderful greeting. We did not…