Category: Community

Articles on Burmese community with the following sub sections – Letters, Memory, Portrait, Talks, Experience, Travelogue, Others, Burmese Overseas

Literary Award Ceremony 2017 by Junior Win

(On 18th February 2017, I was attending the Tun Foundation Literary Award Ceremony.) The 11th Tun Foundation literary award ceremony was held on 18th February 2017 at the Myanmar Banks Association in Yankin Township, Yangon, Burma. Among those winning books,…

A Glimpse to the Noble Myanmar Literary Festival 2017 by Junior Win

A Glimpse to the Noble Myanmar Literary Festival 2017 by Junior Win    (Noble-Myanmar Literary Festival board was standing outside the theatre.) Today, I was at the National Theatre to wonder around the Noble Myanmar Literary Festival 2017. It was held…

Junior Win – The Medicine Night

(The silver super moon we saw last night on the full moon day of Tahsaungtaing.) Families in Burma gathered in front of their door, all together looked at the full moon in the dark sky, waiting the time as the…

Junior Win – A Letter To My Grandmother; You Will Never Know What We Have Lost

(Grandma titled, ‘Will you ever know what you have lost?’ at the Working People’s Daily newspaper in the July of 1975 about the earthquake that destroyed the old pagodas of Pagan.) My grandma, Khin Myo Chit – writer of Colourful…

Fly With Vietjet, Starting from Zero MMK And Experience the Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine

Fly With Vietjet, Starting from Zero MMK And Experience the Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine A country’s cuisine is one of the most important features that tells us about that nation’s culture, people and value. Vietnamese cuisine is without a doubt…

Kan Kaw Story by Junior Win

(Kan Kaw Story by Junior Win) I fell in love with Kankaw (Mesua Ferra) flowers when I saw them at the Sunlun Meditation monastery. They bloomed beautifully. There were three Thai Kankaw trees planted near Sunlun Sayadaw U Vinaya’s residence.…

Junior Win – Reading Books for Children Fan

(The Advertisement) I saw this advertisement in the newspaper, it said that ‘Noble-Myanmar Literary Festival (Literature for Children) 2016’ will be held at MEP (Myanmar Event Park), Shin- Saw-Pu road, Myay-nee-gone, Rangoon (Yangon) for three days, from 16th to 18th…

Dr Khin Maung Win – The Eighth International Conference on Science and Mathematics Education in Developing Countries

(At Arts Assembly) Dr Khin Maung Win – The Eighth International Conference on Science and Mathematics Education in Developing Countries The conference has held at the Arts Assembly Hall of Yangon University, from December 4 th to 6 th .…

Goodbye book-buffet by Junior Win

In the first week of the December of this year 2015, I saw the advertisement of book-Buffet. It would held at Myanmar Book Centre for 3 days. In my experience, book-buffet was quite interesting for book lover. I remembered when…